Sunday, November 9, 2008

Original hebrew scripture allows for earth to be as old as scientistists believe...

The link below will take you to a study on the book of Genesis from United Church of God's bible reading program. I looked it up to remember the details because I saw a show on tv making fun of christians who apparently believe that the earth is only 6000 years old. At about the 3rd bold title down on the page (website below) you see that the lesson explains in great detail, the original hebrew words and how there is easily room for the earth to be as old as scientists believe it is... Understanding scripture in its complete form is one thing I feel is critical to helping us and by extention our kids, understand that God is real and is completely logical and scientific. Hope you find it helpful. - have a great week, Jennifer

http://www.ucg.org/brp/brp.asp?get=daily&day=1&month=February&year=2002&Layout=

2 comments:

Stan said...

I felt a need to say "Hi" and complement you on the quality of your recent blogging posts. I appreciate the reference to the UCG website and other posts, especially on preparing for the Sabbath and even the Feast of Tabernacles. I too, keep the holy days of God. My wife and I live in Tulsa, OK and we attend the local UCG church there. We went to Branson a few weeks ago for the Feast. Your blog is an inspiration for all of us to do better in our spiritual lives. May God continue to guide and bless your family.
Stan and Denise Hopper

Jennifer said...

Thank you Stan & Denise for your encouraging words. I truly appreciate that you took time to comment on my lowly blog! You mentioned that you were in Branson this year - my mom was in Branson with my Brother and his kids and my Aunt from Albuquerque - who knows maybe you guys met! Thanks again for your encouragement, it means a lot. Hope you have a wonderful week. Jennifer