Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Sabbath

Today is another Sabbath day for those Christians who observe it. There were some years where I lost sight of my beliefs and as a direct result lost sight of the purpose to life. Why are we here? If its to make more money to have more stuff and impress more people and be more comfortable (supposedly) then why aren't the poor people through evolution, dying out? Pardon my sarcasm please. I am grateful to have come to realize the error in my path to "success" and as a result have found deep peace, meaning and happiness in life. And for the record I'm not sitting around doing yoga and singing kumbaya... far from it - I'm in the trenches of motherhood and caring for elder parents while trying to learn what being a good wife really means. The life changing commitment to these three very important causes can be overwhelming and exhausting at times. But beyond that, believe it or not - there is deep happiness, gratitude and peace. I have all I ever wanted and more and it came in the most unexpected way. More later... after all I am a mother - things to do, people to feed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I look forward to reading more about your perspective on those 3 important causes. Each on its own is enough to fill volumes (and has!) but in combination there are probably many unforseen "opportunities" for growth. Onward and upward!